Sunday, February 21, 2010

Arctic Monkeys – Joining The Dots (RTP Session)


I have been slacking on getting my posts out lately, so don’t hate me that I am a little bit late on this one. I have been sitting on it for a while, and decided that enough was enough. Time to get it out! I have not been going too Arctic Monkey crazy with you either, because they have been doing their thing on tour. Aside from their announcement of My Propeller as the third single off of Humbug, they have been pretty quiet. Well actually, they recently played a huge gig in Valencia for MTV. I have the audio on my desktop, but have not gotten around to it yet! If you want it, you know how to ask!

In the meantime, I realized I never got around to sharing the newer, better quality, acoustic take of “Joining The Dots” that the Monkeys did earlier this month. This wonderful live acoustic take of “Joining The Dots” needs to be heard. It is stunning. The only version I shared with you previously was the so-so sound quality one from that youtube video from the RXP NYC Session. This new performance was for the Portuguese radio station RTP. Alex’s vocals are flawless as usual, and he puts his all into this excellent take of the soon to be fan favorite b-side. The man cannot write a bad song. He won’t allow it!

Check it out:



No comments:

Post a Comment